Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

This past Sunday was my 24th birthday...I know, I know...I'm getting so old! The day before my Great Aunt Dagi came to visit. It was so great seeing her and hearing old family stories while flipping through photo albums. I got to see my dad as a baby with super curly hair! That evening we all went out to dinner to celebrate her being here and my birthday. We went to Sorrel Urban Bistro and it was amazing! The food is all locally sourced and the menu changes daily. My uncle Matt did a great job picking this place out. Afterwards I went out to the bars with my friends to celebrate in my amazing birthday dress.

Now let me just tell you about this dress...I got compliments on it all night because it was just THE perfect birthday dress. When I walked into New for the Night looking for a dress Shireen asked me what my plans were. I told her just dinner with the family and then out with my friends, but I wanted something fun and flashy. This dress was the first one we picked out. Not appropriate at all for either of those two things, but who cares, it's my birthday! And the best part was I was renting it so I wasn't spending a fortune on a dress I was only going to wear once. The whole concept of renting a dress is awesome and I don't think enough people know about it. I like this store because I can come in and try on the dresses before I rent them and not have to worry if what I ordered online is going to fit or look right. Their prices are really reasonable and I even got a coupon for $20 off since it was my birthday. This was my first dress rental from here but I'm definitely going back!











Outfit:
Dress: Parker from New for the Night
Shoes: ShoeMint
Jewelry: Carey Hill blue necklace worn as a bracelet, Carey Hill blue bracelet, Tiffany bead bracelet, Tiffany charm bracelet (similar here)

6 comments:

Gagan said...

This dress is so cute, love the zig zag pattern and different colours! And Happy Birthday!

Anja said...

I LOVE YOUR DRESS!!! So pretty.

http://anchx.blogspot.com/

Tamara @ Go Fish Style said...

cute!

The Ginge said...

Thanks everyone!

xoxo

Michaella said...

Great dress! i think it is perfect and combined with those amazing heels you look stunning! And happy birthday!

You have a new follower xx

http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

FashionCherry said...

love the shoes!
fashion cherry
http://fashioncherry.co

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...