Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy 40th MBP



My uncle MBP recently celebrated his 40th birthday (although you'd never be able to tell). He is such an amazing loving hilarious human being. I feel so lucky to not only be apart of his modern family but also to be so close to him. We are able to share everything, which I love! We spent the day shopping as a family, because would you expect us to do anything else? We hit up a few vintage shops and a few modern shops. My favorite was our new discovery, Native Citizen. This store sells mid century modern furniture and art pieces that are used to decorate the owner's retail stores Langford Market and Duo. We happened to get our new dining room chairs from the same owner at a modern market art show a while back and this time we acquired a new computer desk. 

After a bit of shopping and a mid day Starbucks pick me up we drove around neighborhoods looking at homes, which is one of my favorite things to do around Houston. I love discovering new neighborhoods and looking at all the different homes. I'm glad my uncles love to do that as much as I do. We made our way back home where his husband surprised us both with a catered dinner in the comfort of our own home. Bravo Matt, bravo...This dinner was delicious! And what was even better was to have it in the comfort of our own home surrounded by family. Overall Michael had an amazing birthday and I'm so glad to be able to spend another year with him. Cheers Michael!



Matt and I
 Outfit
Dress: Off Fifth
Shoes (not shown): Bakers (old)
Jewelry: Christine Bowden necklace, Betsey Johnson ring (old), Marc Jacobs watch
Glasses: Penguin The Gondorff



12 comments:

Unknown said...

YOu look stunning! I love the dress:)

http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

martaperea said...

amazing dress, i love it on you!(:


http://ourclosetforyou.blogspot.com.es/

The Ginge said...

Thank you both so much! I went through a maxi dress buying phase and I'm loving this one, so comfortable!

Anonymous said...

Love that Dress. Very cute :)

Fabliha said...

oh I am loving your striped dress - you looked gorgeous :)
xxx
INSIDE IN, INSIDE OUT

JanandJill.com said...

What a fun birthday and you're clearly both really stylish :) happy 40th to your uncle and I really like your striped dress, dinner sounds like it was amazing too

xoDale
http://www.savvyspice.com/

Cortnie Elizabeth said...

Love your dress!

xo,Cortnie
http://stylelustpages.com

rooth said...

Aww, cute maxi. I love driving around and checking out the different neighborhoods as well. The Garden Oaks area is really cute. Have you seen the houses around there?

The Ginge said...

Thanks for the sweet comments about the dress everyone! Definitely wore it out again to a friend's birthday dinner last night :)

The Ginge said...

Rooth, I have not! I'll definitely have to look into that area and check it out. Thanks for the neighborhood suggestion!

Pauline said...

I love your dress; STUNNING!

Great blog; FOLLOWED

Lots of love; Pauline
www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

Gentleman W said...

So wonderful dress, perfect for a Bday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...