Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Little Zebra

I wore this outfit over the weekend for my friend Sam's birthday. During the week I don't get to dress up too often. When I nanny I mostly wear whatever I can chase Baby E around in, which is usually shorts and a tee. This is why I take every chance I get to clean up and put on a fancy dress, even if it means I may be a tad bit overdressed for the occasion.

First off I need to talk about these shoes...they're just one of the many pairs of Jeffrey Campbell shoes I own and, like all of his shoes, I always get compliments on them. These shoes have been ooo'd and ahhh'd over every time I wear them out and the story of how I got them makes it even better. When people ask me where  I got them I respond with Vegas! Because really that's where I found them and they totally look like a shoe you would find in Vegas. I had about one too many drinks from Fat Tuesdays when my friends and I wandered past some store filled with shoes. I don't remember what the name of it was, I just remember there being so many amazing shoes. In a haze from my drinks I remember trying on a bunch of Jeffrey Campbell shoes but falling madly in love with these. They had a killer platform (some have even said it can be used as a weapon to fend off an attacker) and print...who can resist a little Zebra? Best drunk purchase to date.





Outfit
Jewelry: Juicy Couture clover friendship necklace, "Greek Princess" necklace from Greece, Starfish BCBG ring, Tiffany heart ring, Stella & Dot bracelet
 

7 comments:

the dreamer said...

Love those shoes! Jeffrey Campbell never fails.

Sarah x
www.tellhershesdreaming.com

Mariel Parton said...

cute outfit and OMG your shoes are just so so amazing <3

http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

rooth said...

Yeah those shoes are pretty dang hot but the dress looks really good on you too! And I love discovering another Texas blogger - yay

Unknown said...

loving the dress and your shoes are crazy awesome :)
cute blog!

xo SideSmile,
Ashley

If you get a minute I'd love your opinion on my latest outfit post

The Ginge said...

Thanks for all the super sweet comments everyone! Definitely have an obsession with Jeffrey Campbell shoes! :)

Tania said...

That dress is SO gorgeous!!! You wear it very welll =)

xo
freshfizzle.com

JULIA HAGHJOO said...

Great Blog:)

Check out my Blog: http://blogn93.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/N93ByJuliaHaghjoo?ref=hl

Thanks :)

N°93

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...