This experience was not only amazing because it was Harry Potter, but because I'm a huge movie buff and it was incredible seeing the entire film process. You got to see so many amazing sets, costumes, props, hair and make up, special effects...my list could go on. The time, the effort, the details, the hard work that goes into creating a film series over 10 years...it's just amazing.
I wish I could recount everything that our tour guide told us and all of the amazing facts written about each piece. Here are some notable highlights, however...
1. The Great Hall was created to stand the test of time. The floor was made from real stone so it could withstand the wear and tear of shooting for 10 years! Also, the ceiling full of candles? Not real. The ceiling consisted of metal pipes and film equipment. There was never a true ceiling the entire 10 years.
2. The door to the Chamber of Secrets (the door with all of the snakes) was thought to be created through CGI, but in reality it was created to actually work. It was made through mechanical parts that have the snakes move in their pattern to open the door.
3. The moving paintings were played by crew members and their families created through a green screen. Also, the paintings seen around the school were crew members as well. Some of them posed for these pictures, some were unaware!
4. The potion bottles in Snape's classroom, along with every wand in Ollivanders, was hand written and created by set designers.
5. A miniaturized exact replica of Hogwarts was created for pan shots of the outside of the school. This model is amazing for its detail alone.
We spent a good few hours at the studio but even as I left I wish that I had stayed longer, read things in better detail, and took more pictures. Guess this means another trip to London is in order!
|Butter Beer anyone?|
|This is from a different day, but I had to include it! Hogwarts, here I come!|
Top: J.Crew (similar here)
Jeans: Rock & Republic (old)
Boots: Steve Madden (similar here)
Purse: Louis Vuitton
ooooh I'm so jealous!!!!
Wish I was there!!!!
That is definitely something I'm doing the next time I'm in London - it's on my list!
It is definitely worth it's own trip to London!!
beautiful!!! i follow you now ;) i would love to follow me back because love your blog!!
Post a Comment